FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HOLY GHOST Social Campaign Exceeds Goals, 650+ Churches Participating as Fans Prepare for Saturday’s Live Premiere Event
September 6th live World Premiere Experience – built around the global debut of the new HOLY GHOST movie and featuring a special concert with Brian “Head” Welch of Korn alongside Jake Hamilton & The Sound – begins at 2pmET/11amPT
(Chicago, IL – September 4, 2014)
Wanderlust Productions, the independent film studio behind the hit “God Adventure” trilogy FINGER OF GOD, FURIOUS LOVE AND FATHER OF LIGHTS, is challenging Hollywood’s established business model with the debut of its Kickstarter-funded, faith film for Millennials, HOLY GHOST. On Saturday, September 6th, Wanderlust Productions will proudly present the HOLY GHOST World Premiere Experience. This live, one-time digital event – featuring a special musical appearance where Brian “Head” Welch of Korn will join Jake Hamilton & The Sound – makes it possible for anyone in the world to watch the entire event free of charge by going to http://hgpremiere.bethel.tv.
Wanderlust’s #HolyGhostExperience campaign, launched last week to mobilize 25,000 of HOLY GHOST’s most avid fans to crowd market and promote the film, has exceeded internal projections and goals, a strong indication that large audiences will be tuning in this Saturday, September 6th.
“We launched the #HolyGhostExperience campaign to keep our target consumer in the driver’s seat, empowering fans to mass promote this coming Saturday’s World Premiere Experience. We gave 25,000 people the opportunity to participate by engaging in as many as five easy, seven moderate, and two challenging promotional tasks,” said Braden Heckman, CEO of Wanderlust Productions. “Our fans have blown us away, beating all of what we thought were ambitious projections. There’s no question that, as a result, we have even higher expectations for Saturday’s event in terms of audience size.”
Key Metrics for #HolyGhostExperience campaign:
- More than 1.5 million people have seen HOLY GHOST promotional messages in social media thanks to a successful crowd-amplification effort. Using the Thunderclap platform, which enables people to donate their social media accounts to promote events, Wanderlust has surpassed their original goal by a stunning 200%. Well-known Thunderclap supporters include singer Michael W. Smith, Kim Walker of Jesus Culture, Brian “Head” Welch of Korn, and Jake Hamilton of Jake Hamilton and the Sound.
- More than 650 churches have signed on to participate to date, bringing large groups together to experience the movie.
- More than 50 movie theatres have joined by popular demand from the website Tugg.
- HOLY GHOST’s Official Facebook Page has passed 230,000 strong, meaning that HOLY GHOST will have more Facebook fans when it is released than WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL (a successful faith-based film backed by a major Hollywood studio) did on August 22nd when it was released in theaters.
- Fans are donating money and have promoted almost 250,000 additional trailer views by volunteering small dollar donations to push the trailer further.
To learn more about HOLY GHOST, Saturday’s World Premiere Experience, and view the trailer, visit http://hgpremiere.bethel.tv
About Wanderlust Productions Wanderlust Productions was founded by Darren Wilson in 2006 when he began work on what would become his first feature length film, FINGER OF GOD. The company currently concentrates on creating feature films that are both creatively exciting and spiritually engaging.